Day 5 of my 30 day 3D challenge, and I tried to do a ”real” character, to see if I can get the resemblance. Since it is still weekend, I couldn’t spend a lot of time on my project. Eve from Wall-e seemed reasonably simple, so she was the perfect candidate.
I started the project multiple times, I used every method that I know of, and Eve was not coming out ok. They say that the most difficult projects are the ones that look easy. And I couldn’t agree more.
I ended up using the lathe tool to block out Eve. Fortunately it seemed to work.
Once again (see my previous days, full list here) I was lacking basic knowledge of the app, and I did many things manually, achieving symmetry among them. The funny thing is now that I am writing this blog post, I know how to do these things the easy way. Well, it will come in handy I hope.
The most challenging part was the post-production (I don’t even know how this part of the process is called, I’m super new to 3D), adding the materials, the right lighting, glow effects, etc etc etc. A lot of experimenting here, I feel like a child who wows at the wonders of the world.
And that’s the final Eve. The background is a a stock image manipulated in procreate. I’m honestly impressed how … impressive she looks!